[OSM-legal-talk] license change effect on un-tagged nodes

Andreas Perstinger andreas.perstinger at gmx.net
Sat Jul 9 16:47:42 BST 2011

On 2011-07-08 16:14, Anthony wrote:
> You're all missing the point, though.  My contention is not that OSM
> is a database of non-geographical facts (*).  My contention is that it
> consists of the *expression* of facts.

Just do be sure that I don't misunderstand you again:

This way:
<way id="115031489" timestamp="2011-05-26T23:47:10Z" uid="74617"
user="JohnSmith" visible="true" version="1" changeset="8258292">
<nd ref="1300468480"/>
<nd ref="1301344689"/>
<nd ref="1301344690"/>....

and one of the ways I've posted before,

and a Mapnik excerpt showing this way,

and for example a written way description ("On the last junction before
Kempsey Airport take the road to the left, follow its course southeast
and later northeast and after about 800m you will reach the end of the
hamlet.")

are all different expressions of the same fact, right?

If not, I'm sorry that I can't follow you.

Bye, Andreas