[OSM-legal-talk] Who owns the copyright with ODbl?

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Mon Jul 11 23:05:30 BST 2011

That's easy: no data is contributed under the ODbL, so there is no data
to be copyrighted.

However you probably wanted to know who owns the copyright of data
contributed
under the contributor terms. IF (note the capital letters) there are
actually any IP rights
associated with the data submitted, then the contributor retains those
rights, he is simply
licensing the data to the OSMF under terms defined in the CT.

Simon