[OSM-legal-talk] Collective database

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Jun 6 12:40:39 BST 2011

Hi,

On 06/06/11 12:56, Kirill Bestoujev wrote:
> The resulting map (a single file) contains data from both
> sources. Can this resulting map (which is a database by its inside
> structure) treated as a collective database?

I believe so. In my opinion, a derived database would result if you were
to mix other data with OSM data in a way that actually looks at the OSM
data - for example, if you have an OSM database of streets, and then add
to that streets from another dataset but only where OSM had nothing.
That would be a derived database. But if you have two datasets that live
side-by-side in the same physical database, I would say that is a
collective database.

Bye
Frederik