[OSM-legal-talk] Phase 4 and what it means

Mike Dupont jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 7 05:52:09 BST 2011

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 2:37 AM, Kai Krueger <kakrueger at gmail.com> wrote:
> It is kind of ironic that people who use the "accept the CT question" to
> "vote on the transition to ODBL" get told that this is not a vote if they
> think ODBL is the correct licence for OSM but that they should only indicate
> if they will accept that their personal contributions can be used under the
> CT or even get told that they are "poisonous people" for "withdrawing their
> old data" rather than just accepting and walking away from OSM if they don't
> agree with the licence, to later hear the argument that "X percent were in
> favor of the new license so there you have your majority vote".

I feel that the problem here is that the board has serious time
pressure or lack of patience, they just dont *want* to take the time
discuss this with me or you, We are just problems for them, obstacles
to overcome, enemies of progress. Or worse, we are the foot people who
are not elected and should just shut up and accept the decisions made
for us.

Or the feeling that I get, we (or is it just me?) are just idiots
whose opinions, concerns and issues do not matter.
I don't see why it is a problem to discuss this for years if we need
to to get all the points right, what is the hurry here? We are all
interested in making OSM better, I think we can agree on that.

I would like to have an intelligent discussion and be convinced that
the board is doing the right thing, I would like to understand all the
issues and see why these steps are being taken. Being told I am an
idiot and there are these vague problems does not help, we need to
have a detail FAQ that addresses each issue point by point. We need to
summarize the countless emails and crystallize them into something
usable.

mike