[OSM-legal-talk] CTs are not full copyright assignment

Olaf Schmidt-Wischhöfer olaf at amen-online.de
Wed Jun 8 17:59:49 BST 2011

Hi Grant,

thanks for assuring me that the sysadmins have no interest in participating in
behaviour that is harmful to the community.

Does this mean that I will not be chucked out of the community by the
sysadmins?

I am willing to grant the OSFM + 2/3 of the community the right to relicense
my contributions in the following ways:
* the current versions of the ODbL and/or of the CC-BY-SA,
* all past and future versions of the ODbL and/or of the CC-BY-SA,
* all licenses that follow the Share-Alike/Copyleft principle, and
* all other licenses if I am contacted and do not object within 6 weeks.

I am also willing to accept any CT that does not contain major problems, such
as the one you were responding to.

If I am correctly informed, then there are no plans to change the problematic
language in the CT, and the sysadmins have no plans to allow me to keep
contributing. Or am I missing something?

By the way, I have posted my concerns with the CT to this list – in direct
response to questions from the legal team. There has been no interest in
addressing the concerns, but personal attacks instead, such as the claim that
everyone who likes the Share-Alike-principle is a fanatic. Many people also
make the claim that all contributors have already lost the "moral rights" to
their contributions simply by joining OpenStreetMap.

If the response by the workinggroups and by the community had been
constructive, then I might even have accepted badly worded CT. But I am not
willing to do as long as the sysadmins are threatening me.

Olaf