[OSM-legal-talk] data derived from UK Ordnace Survey

David Groom reviews at pacific-rim.net
Thu Jun 16 01:00:46 BST 2011

As a slightly supplementary question of what to do with data from those
users who have not agreed to the CT's can I make the following suggestion.

Given that we obviously want to move forward with a clean database untainted
by any data which might be incompatible with future licences, AND

Given that the LWG have been unable to establish that OS Opendata is
compatible with the CT's , at least that is what I assume is meant by "In
the UK, we have the ambivalent nature of the license governing OS StreetView
usage" [1]

That any data tagged source = OS_Opendata, (or any other meaningful such
tag) be treated as un-relicensable for the purposes of demonstrating how
much data has not been relicenced under the CT's .

Regards

David

[1] https://docs.google.com/View?id=dd9g3qjp_118d7c65vgb