[OSM-legal-talk] [talk-au] Statement from nearmap.com regarding submission of derived works from PhotoMaps to OpenStreetMap

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 06:58:04 BST 2011

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 11:29 AM, Ben Last <ben.last at nearmap.com> wrote:

> James; all I can say is that the paragraph in question was written by our
> General Counsel specifically to allow existing contributions to stay in
> place.  I'm not a lawyer, so I can't comment on interpretation!
> Regards

Hi Ben,
  I'd like to second the appreciation for Nearmap's position here. I'm very
much heartened that the large amount of Nearmap tracing I did will not be
lost. I think it's a real pity that Nearmap and OSMF weren't able to reach a
suitable agreement regarding future tracing, but I guess that's life. Maybe
one day.

Steve