[OSM-legal-talk] [OSM-talk] License/CT issues: Let's not punish the world's disadvantaged, pls.

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 18:13:28 BST 2011

On 23 June 2011 02:30, Kate Chapman <kate at maploser.com> wrote:
> I appreciate your appeal.  In looking through the data it appears a
> lot of it has sense been field server.  Since the original mapper
> traced the data from imagery.  It seems kind of silly for that to
> cause the data to be deleted.

To put this another way, what would happen if someone traced google
imagery and it wasn't till after the street names had been applied
that someone found about the tracing, because that's where things are
at, since you have no more permission to keep data contributed than if
it was contributed from a tainted source.