[OSM-legal-talk] OSM Database Re-Build

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Tue Nov 15 18:24:27 GMT 2011

Michael Collinson wrote:
> We suggest that re-mapping by individuals is more important
> initially than automated revert scripts as it puts back often more
> and better content than was taken out.  We'd like therefore
> promote that and to concentrate on tools to help folks easily
> see what needs doing in their areas.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Remapping
has practical advice on using Potlatch 2 for this, both visualisation and
the subsequent editing.

There'll be new features going live in the near future for automatic (image
detection) tracing from Bing, and from imagery such as Ordnance Survey
StreetView, to ease the task of replacing geometry. I've been using these P2
features to remap an area of Wales where significant work needed doing and
have been fine-tuning them as I go along.

cheers
Richard