[OSM-legal-talk] OSM Database Re-Build

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Wed Nov 16 01:00:45 GMT 2011

On a related note, how do we deal with data which OSM does not have a
license to distribute? Non-CT data will be a subcase of this, but the
broader case also covers data taken from Google or a commercial map
provider.

Deleting the data with an editor does not remove it from the database. It
remains distributed in the full history planets, through the API with
/history and in the minutely diffs from when it was initially placed in the
database. How do we get data removed from all of these sources?