[OSM-legal-talk] The detrimental effects of database

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Wed Nov 23 18:21:48 GMT 2011

80n wrote:
> It's not like it's going to be hard to recreate all this stuff.  It
> didn't take long to create in the first place and remapping it
> is going to be a lot of fun isn't it?

Yep, exactly. It's actually surprisingly easy, especially with features such
as railway lines that are easily visible in Bing.

I've been doing a bunch of remapping recently in an area where the original
mapper has indicated they're never going to agree to the CTs. A moderate
area can be polished off very quickly and there's a satisfying feeling as
you see the little red lights go out. :)

cheers
Richard