[OSM-legal-talk] Copyprotection for OSM based material

Nic Roets nroets at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 11:07:43 GMT 2011

On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 12:56 PM, Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemed.net>wrote:

> 3. CC-BY-SA indeed does not require that you publish the useful source
> data.
> (ODbL does.)

I honestly doubt that ODbL will achieve this. For example, if someone
decides to use some convoluted tagging system without publishing a
specification, his data will mean very little to the community.

I will go even further and say this is already happening by people who have
already agreed to the ODbL. (Should I point out the examples that I know of
?)