[OSM-legal-talk] Retain PD mapper's contributions?

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Sun Nov 27 14:14:23 GMT 2011

andrzej zaborowski wrote:
> Honestly both solutions are kind of ugly because they mess up
> edits history.  If some data is PD then it should be possible to just
> retain it in the event of a license change, the SQL query is unlikely
> to change its legal status.

Surely you understand that the issue is not the legal status of the data in
isolation, it's whether or not the mapper associated with that data has
assented to the CTs. The CTs say "You are indicating that, as far as You
know, You have the right to authorize OSMF to use and distribute those
Contents under our current licence terms". For one reason or another, TimSC,
for example, does not want to give that assurance to OSMF; I am, however,
happy to do so for his data.

cheers
Richard