[OSM-legal-talk] Signing of Contributor Terms

Kate Chapman kate at maploser.com
Mon Apr 16 15:14:25 BST 2012

Hi All,

Would it be possible to have someone sign the contributor terms rather
than login to accept them?

If I understand things correctly if I am talking to a data provider
who has released their data ODbL they would still need to accept the
contributor terms to allow the relicensing of the data at some point?
Is this correct?

To follow in the import guidelines better I think rather than having
them login and dump the data into OSM it would be better to have a
copy of the contributor terms to be signed for that data set.  With
governments giving them an actual physical document would likely be
the easiest. Then the OpenStreetMap community could decide what to do
with that data since it would be licensed appropriately and have
contributor terms associated with it.

Best,

-Kate