[OSM-legal-talk] Share-Alike requirements for other data sources?

Jaime Crespo jynus at jynus.com
Thu Apr 19 20:13:18 BST 2012

El 19/04/2012 16:19, "Rob" <smarttiki at gmail.com> escribió:
>> You should read the actual licenses, but the spirit of the licenses,
>> as I understand them (IANAL), is:
>

> Very easy to get lost in the labyrinth of links associated with the OSM
license.

Yep, you may be right, but if you want to know all the ins and outs, you
have to read the small print.

The license change can also be confusing.

> Is the link below the license I should go by or is it somewhere else?

>From there, you can reach:

<http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/legalcode>

That is the current license for the database.

In a matter of days, this will be the new license:

<http://opendatacommons.org/licenses/odbl/1.0/>

--
Jaime Crespo