[OSM-legal-talk] Please, consider that more people want to mark even their future ODBl OSM contributions as CC-BY-SA compatible

ce-test, qualified testing bv - Gert Gremmen g.gremmen at cetest.nl
Fri Aug 10 07:20:36 BST 2012

+1

It's the contributor terms that made me refuse to accept.

Not ODBL. I can see the both the advantages and drawbacks

of ODBL but these are not a major problem.

For me the CT has been a problem.

I principally refuse to sign a contract where I can be held legally
responsible

for data I contribute for free; where the other party engages itself to
nothing at all,

not even to take care of the data I contribute.

Only on a legally  immature  medium as internet, where a contract can be
signed with a click using a nickname

(or that is what we are made to believe) such large number of sheep will
accept such a contract.

If the community were obliged so sign up with a written signature, OSM
would

have no contributors anymore.

Regards,
Gert