[OSM-legal-talk] Copyright and license page, how to do the details

Jonathan Harley jon at spiffymap.net
Wed Dec 5 15:39:04 GMT 2012

> Looking at the licensing page there is still the explicit requirement
> to credit osm "in the corner of the map" and in the meantime the FAQ
> has been amended with the same requirement. Some time ago this wasn't
> required explicitly, that's why I ask when this was introduced and by
> whom? (the old requirement was that it should be stated somewhere that
> (c) is osm contributors).

The "Legal FAQ" wiki page still says "...in the corner of the map... or
an about box/page".

> I agree with Tobias that for apps on mobile devices which use a lot of
> different data from different sources this is somehow impractical, as
> it would clutter the screen (fortunately there is no minimum font size
> requirement ;-) ).

+1. "In the corner" is overly restrictive, especially for maps with
multiple sources. The copyright page should say the same thing as the
wiki page does.

J.

--
Dr Jonathan Harley   :    Managing Director    :   SpiffyMap Ltd

md at spiffymap.com      Phone: 0845 313 8457     www.spiffymap.com
The Venture Centre, Sir William Lyons Road, Coventry CV4 7EZ, UK