[OSM-legal-talk] Maxspeed tags in Australia

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Jan 6 10:47:29 GMT 2012

Hi,

On 01/06/12 11:38, Nick Hocking wrote:
> In this case it is essential to actually get rid of the maxspeed tags.
> The bot used a completly wrong algorithm and the data is dangerously
> wrong.  Just today I drove down a high traffic road where OSM
> (curtesy of the bot) had the wrong max speed).

It is possible to remove these bot contributions without affecting later
edits. The OSM inspector would then, after a while, pick up the fact
that the current version of the object retains no properties that were
added by the license disagreer, and mark the objects as "harmless"
(unless there are other problems).

Is there a consensus in the Australian communitiy that these tags are
worthless and should be removed?