[OSM-legal-talk] Way with almost nothing left but created by decliner

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Jan 13 22:42:49 GMT 2012

Hi,

    here's an interesting example from the German forum. A way that was
created by a decliner but later edited by 10 others; of everything the
decliner originally created, only the very first node remains,
everything else has been lost in the editing process.

OSMI duly paints this way in red - created by decliner, no chance of
survival.

Maybe we need some sort of soft(er) approach for cases like this. Of all
the information currently present in that way, less than 5% are remnants
of what the decliner originally created, still we allow them to decide
the fate of the whole object.