[OSM-legal-talk] [OSM-talk] Mixing OSM and FOSM data

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 16:22:22 GMT 2012

If these people's contributions to those objects were 'negligeable' then
reverting those objects may hardly have an effect. They show green so we
don't have to waste precious time 'fixing' them.
If what those people contributed is not present anymore in the current
version, then why would other contributors better/improved/corrected
contributions be the ones that would disappear? If those contributors feel
'cheated', then there is something wrong with the way they think about
their contributions and maybe it would have been better that they hadn't
contributed to a project with a free license in the first place.

I can understand people when they can't agree to the CT's for a variety of
reasons, but why they would feel 'cheated' when the rest of us are merely
trying to continue where they left off minimizing the damage, is beyond me.

Anyway, I'm sure that if they give us a list of objects they feel should
disappear and what their contribution to that object was, that the rest of
us will oblige and take out those bits of information from those objects,
before recreating them. Thank you very much.

Polyglot