[OSM-legal-talk] The Copyright of Split Ways

LM_1 flukas.robot+osm at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 22:30:51 GMT 2012

This discussion seems to be based on the assumption that being
original creator of certain object in database constitutes copyright.
That is not entirely true.
If I move each of the nodes of a way, the original creator can hardly
have any copyright in its shape. Even if I move a single node, that
section is not a creation of the original node's creator any more.
The same is true for tags.

Lukas (LM_1)