[OSM-legal-talk] Insurance for Mapping Party

Fozy 81 fozy81 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 12 20:40:08 BST 2012

Hi,

Slightly different legal question than licence issues. Not sure if this is the right place to ask it, but here goes...

When organising a mapping party do we need public liability insurance in case of accident and/or disclaimer to be signed?. I am organising a mapping party in the Scotland. We are using a public building from an organisation who have kindly let us use their facilities for the day. They have asked if we have insurance in case of accident and if we have a risk assessment. It seems health and safety has finally caught up with OSM. In the past, I have organised mapping events but this issue has not been raised.

Can anyone provide some advice on this issue?

Thank you,

Tim