[OSM-legal-talk] Response from Hampshire County Council

Robert Whittaker (OSM) robert.whittaker+osm at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 08:31:46 BST 2012

On 11 June 2012 18:12, Chris Hill <osm at raggedred.net> wrote:
> That is not true. LWG did not get 'specific agreement' from OS. We are
> simply using OS OpenData in compliance with the OS OpenData licence and OS
> confirmed:
>
> "The Ordnance Survey has no objections to geodata derived in part from OS
> OpenData being released under the Open Database License 1.0".
>
> This is not a special or specific agreement.

If that were true then we'd be able to use any source licensed under
the OS OpenData licence. How do you explain the fact that we've
specifically been told by LWG that we cannot use CodePoint Open, even
though it is licensed by Ordnance Survey under exactly the same OS
OpenData licence?

Robert.

--
Robert Whittaker