[OSM-legal-talk] What happens on April 1?

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 03:06:40 GMT 2012

Hi all,
  Could someone explain exactly what will be happening on April 1?
Will we really be purging all data from decliners? And if so, is this
not terrible timing, given the recent, high-profile signups of
companies like foursquare?

Given that many people are now actively remapping, is there any
prospect of pushing back the cutover deadline? Is there any reason not
to? Why do we want to reveal a map with huge holes in it to the world,
rather than doing the remapping privately, to minimise disruption to
data consumers?

Steve
(I previously asked a version of this question on talk).