[OSM-legal-talk] What happens on April 1?

Andrew andrewhainosm at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Mar 8 12:57:42 GMT 2012

Ian Sergeant <inas66+osm at ...> writes:

> The main issue is resources, time and the availability of tools.  There
> simply hasn't been the time since the tools have become available to
> complete what can be done in many areas with the resources we have left.I
appreciate that much of the rest of the world is in better shape.  Lets face
the fact that the Australian OSM community has been splintered by this
exercise and we've
> lost many good people, good resources, and good maps. I'm also a bit afraid
if we stomp too hard on
>  what's left, it may just stop moving.Ian.

Would it be an idea to invite international mappers to remotely remap
Australia (or Poland) by, for example, tracing side streets from photographs?
It could well have a stabilising effect that avoids any concer about armchair
mapping damaging communities.

--
Andrew