[OSM-legal-talk] Feedback requested ... OSM Poland data

Ian Sergeant inas66+osm at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 21:22:06 GMT 2012

Indeed.

My point is we can discuss it here on legal-talk, and get the opinions of a
handful of people are hung up on the legals and the licence change already.
  Or we can put it to the vote, and I'm confident in the wider community
that we'd get the support of the 75% required to permit Polish OSM data to
be used for verification only, and as long as the resulting data is
released under a free and open licence.

It is hard for me to imagine an average active mapper who has mapped their
local streets, and a POI here and there, would rather see Poland wiped from
OSM rather than give another organisation which is also distributing under
a free and open licence the use of our data just to verify their own.
Especially when it is probably permitted under our licence anyway, we'd
just be confirming that it is okay to avoid doubt.

Ian.