[OSM-legal-talk] Digitizing from Balloon Maps

Kate Chapman kate at maploser.com
Sat Mar 10 02:51:42 GMT 2012

Hey All,

I was wondering what the license implications would be from digitizing
from balloon maps that had been rectified from other satellite
imagery.

- So let's say you fly photos of an area
- To stitch them together you use Google Maps imagery as the base
- What is the deal with the imagery at that point?
- If I trace the imagery is that really derived from Google Maps?

It seems insignificant to me, but I wanted to get some insight.

Thanks!

-Kate