[OSM-legal-talk] What licences (other than ODbL) are compatible with OSM after 1st April

Mayeul Kauffmann mayeul.kauffmann at free.fr
Thu Mar 22 23:46:05 GMT 2012

> This may not be the issue here.  Effectively, it is the contributor
> terms that have to be agreed, not the ODbL.
The data provider I'm mentioning wish to publish their data on their
website, and wish to do so in a way that OSM contributors can add some
of their data in OSM and elsewhere. They want attribution and
share-alike.
What are the various options they have?

I'm a bit confused here: Does the data provider still need to create an
account and approve the contributor terms?? And they should add the data
themselves?

The following page says:
"In practice this normally means we can only use Public Domain data
sources"
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Potential_Datasources
However this wiki page is full of examples of free but not PD data.