[OSM-legal-talk] BC Open Government License

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Fri May 4 18:48:39 BST 2012

I've added DataBC to the wiki page. I've had a look at the data and I don't
foresee any imports taking place but I do see some of the layers being
useful for references (e.g. names of highway rest areas) as well as for
pointing out where there is something to map.

It looks like the data from the large complex data sets is already included
in datasets we can already use like CanVec.

The origin of the data is well documented and it's all from government
ministries. There's always the chance that they mistakenly included some
third-party data but that's possible with any data source.

I'm still working on trying to get the raw GeoTIFFs from DataBC instead of
just access to the openmaps server.