[OSM-legal-talk] Re: FW: NLSF & OSM license check / comments needed

Dominik Röttsches d-r at roettsches.de
Fri May 11 08:30:29 BST 2012

Hi Pekka, Michael,

(sorry for opening a new thread - I wasn't subscribed to the list
before and can't add the message references properly now.)

>> Now we have also some legal questions and I'd like to hear your
>> comments:
>>
>> · Is NLSF Open Data license compatible with OSM current and new
>> license?
>>
>There is a problem wíth 2.2 "require third parties to provide the same
>information when granting rights to copies of dataset(s) or products
> and
>services containing such data and"

I got in touch with NLSF before I knew about Pekka's efforts and I
think we're on a good way to resolve this particular issue. I am
currently in touch with them about a statement regarding this particular
clause of the license. It seems that for them a wide interpretation of
this clause is acceptable. I will post updates about the progress of
this discussion with NLSF.

Good to see that you've also addressed additional items such as adding
NLSF to the Attribution page etc.

Regards,

Dominik