[OSM-legal-talk] Legal status of LoroDev source code

Stephan Knauss osm at stephans-server.de
Thu May 31 21:46:28 BST 2012

Hello,

On 31.05.2012 21:55, followme at silentsoftware.co.uk wrote:
> The GPL licence is not compatible with CPL 2.0 licence agreement*, thus
> legally the LoroDux developers, and thus OpenStreetMap have no right to
> use or distribute my part of the modified code in any form.

Thank you for granting rights to that LoroDux project.

Just want to mention that just being listed on our wiki does not mean
the software was created or approved by OpenStreetMap or OSMF.
Looks like this project was able to convince the lost owners to supply a
mailing list. Still it is just one of many projects using OSM data.

Actually OpenStreetMap provides open data that anyone can use according
to (currently) CC-BY-SA and create applications with it, even commercial.

The wiki mentions Lulu Ann as author of LoroDux.

Would be a good idea to contact her directly at her published mail:
Lulu-Ann at gmx.de

Stephan