[OSM-legal-talk] importing ODBl data

Pavel Pisa ppisa4lists at pikron.com
Thu Sep 20 11:00:33 BST 2012

On Thursday 20 September 2012 07:32:49 Mike Dupont wrote:
> How can you keep any imports at all from people who
> have not agreed to the CT directly?

There was people, who strongly disagree with actual CT
terms, and only way to express that was to not confirm
CT and lost ability to participate in the project
in the future. But they did not want to damage work of
others and send permission to use their data under actual
license.

By the way, I strongly disagree with way CT has been established
too and I do not like that CT does not define mechanism
how are controlled changes in CT. But I have confirmed CT
after promise, that there would be some discussion.
The last e-mail from ODbL+CT advocate I received.

> Subject  	Re: OpenStreetMap is changing the licence
> Date 	26 February 2011 at 00:21
>
> Hello Pavel.
> Thank you very much for your detailed answer.
> You’re right: 3 weeks is not enough. They’ll change that hopefully.
>
> Sleep well,
> Erik

I have never got any ansfer from OSMF after that
nor for my other attempts to at least try to
find way how people disagreeing with CT could
be motivated to donate their future data under
ODbL to OSM and get back access to CC-BY-SA compatible
subset of OSM data.

I (for myself strongly demand) that my former and future
change sets can be exported from OSM under CC-BY-SA
but I have never got any better reply than "do not fear,
there would be no problems (with Wikipedia, exports, etc.)
or unfair CT or license change".

Best wishes,

             Pavel