[OSM-legal-talk] importing ODBl data

Mike Dupont jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 20 11:20:57 BST 2012

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 9:13 AM, Stephan Knauss <osm at stephans-server.de> wrote:
> Could we create a special version of the Contributor Terms for data
> donations? So they could sign it. We could mail it to the OSMF to keep the
> records.

This was my idea from today, make a clause like the GPL has, v2 or any
future version published by the FSF.
that would eliminate the CTs and the madness. Make a OSM copyleft
license, or just use Creative commons 4.0 and any future version, then
we can get back to work.

I think it is a great error to introduce the CTs and it is a great
error to put faith in the OSMF board who show no responsibility,
better to put faith in the creative commons board who at least listen
to people and care about porting licenses.

mike

--
James Michael DuPont
Saving wikipedia(tm) articles from deletion http://SpeedyDeletion.wikia.com