[OSM-legal-talk] importing ODBl data

Mike Dupont jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 20 15:49:42 BST 2012

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 4:41 PM, Stephan Knauss <osm at stephans-server.de> wrote:
> This is a good reason to have contributor terms.

the contributor terms introduce more problems, like the fact that it
prevents anyone from importing any derived works.
lets say i download the new cc-by-sa+odbl database make changes and
publish them, then you want to import them back, you cannot because I
did not agree to the terms.

so the sharealike just fails when you introduce cts with a copyright
assignment, in my opinion, or am I missing something?

Basically the CTs prevent any other compatible OSM servers to share
data with osm, it creates an island of data with no way to share with
anyone except via usage.

mike

--
James Michael DuPont