[OSM-legal-talk] Permissibility of incorporating parts of an address from a business' website

Michael mbfmaurer at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 21:28:11 UTC 2013

Hi,

is it permissible to incorporate parts of an address (I would be especially interested in house numbers) from a business' (or other POI's) website, if said business is already mapped in OpenStreetMap.

What I mean is for example if 'John Doe's Coffee-Shop' had a website that says 'we're located at 12 Main St.', would it be okay to add the address to the appropriate OpenStreetMap location?

Would it make a difference if the business is a large chain and had more than one address (possible a lot more than one address) on its website?

Thanks for any insights,

Michael