[OSM-legal-talk] [HOT] Imagery license clarification needed

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 28 14:30:42 UTC 2013

Nice idea, but OSM doesn't operate like that. If someone imports data, they don't usually ask for the legal opinion of the OSMF or invite an OSMF representative to a meeting. They just make sure the negotiated terms conforms to the understanding of the ODbL, etc, invite community input, and then if all seems ok, do it. Not to say, I wouldn't love to see an active and responsive LWG that could provide guidance and help, but the OSMF just isn't operating at that level. And in this specific case, there's really no issue to be concerned about.

-Mikel

* Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron