[OSM-legal-talk] use of maptiles

Schröders, Alexander Alexander.Schroeders at sensis-gmbh.de
Tue Dec 10 08:47:32 UTC 2013

Hello,
i develop a commercial application which makes use of the tile material from osm.
I read "Heavy use (e.g. distributing an app that uses tiles from openstreetmap.org) is forbidden without prior permission from the System Administrators<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/System_Administrators>. See below for alternatives<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tile_usage_policy#Alternative_OpenStreetMap_Tile_Providers>." in http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tile_usage_policy.

Now i ask my self the question what is heavy use of tile materials.

Mit besten Grüßen

sensis GmbH
Alexander Schröders
Gladbacher Str. 106
41747 Viersen

T 02162 8 19 29-99 (TRAS-Hotline)
T 02162 8 19 29-42
F 02162 8 19 29-91
M 01732514843

mailto: alexander.schroeders at sensis-gmbh.de<mailto:alexander.schroeders at sensis-gmbh.de>
home: http://www.sensis-gmbh.de<http://www.sensis-gmbh.de/>
Anmeldung zum sensis point<http://sensis-gmbh.de/sensispoint.html>

Geschäftsführung: Raimund Crynen, Jörg Boland Amtsgericht
Mönchengladbach, HRB: 11770 Sitz der Gesellschaft ist Viersen