[OSM-legal-talk] License question, user clicking on map

Erik Johansson erjohan at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 18:48:06 UTC 2013

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 4:28 PM, Olov McKie <olov at mckie.se> wrote:
> Hej Erik!
>
> Would you please consider reading my mail one more time, and clarify your answers, because I do not understand what you are trying to say.
>
> No where in my mail did I say anything about using Google maps or their API, yet for the two usecases you have answered about are you talking about using Google Maps.
>
> You are also writing about adding data to OSM, that is not the scenario I have described in our usecases.

Hej Olov

It wasn't a mistake to involve GMaps.

Basically if you can do it in GMaps then you can most probably do it
in OSM, if you can't do it with GMaps then OSM will allow it if you
publish under ODBL. I just think it's much clear if I use GMaps as an
example because there is a lot more material on what you can and can't
do with GMaps.

MvH Erik Johansson
(Now back to skiing, with out a GPS :-( )