[OSM-legal-talk] License question, user clicking on map

Alex Barth alex at mapbox.com
Wed Feb 27 19:04:30 UTC 2013

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 11:19 AM, Kate Chapman <kate at maploser.com> wrote:

> My
> understanding is you are saying "I would like it to be this way," but
> at the moment it is not. Correct?

Actually to be more specific: I'm saying "I would like geocoding-like use
cases to be clarified, at the moment it is not clear. Here is what we
should do: specifically allow narrow extractions of OSM for geocoding-like
use cases to happen without the share-alike clause to kick in.". I'm also
going to add we should do away with share alike in the mid term. It's just
complicated and hurting OSM. Case in point: example at hand.