[OSM-legal-talk] (c) statement on openstreetmap.org slippy map?

Jeff Meyer jeff at gwhat.org
Thu Jan 17 07:56:25 GMT 2013

Paul -

Are you talking about the link to "Copyright and License" under "Help" in
the left-nav or the statement "The data is free to
download<http://planet.openstreetmap.org/>
 and use <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Using_OpenStreetMap>
under its open
license <http://www.openstreetmap.org/copyright>," which is also in the
left-nav?

I would contend that neither of those are a copyright mark.

If we require others to put (c) OpenStreetMap contributors on their tiles,
I believe we are obligated to do the same in order to demonstrate that we
are taking appropriate steps to protect our copyrights.

- Jeff

Jeff Meyer
Global World History Atlas
www.gwhat.org