[OSM-legal-talk] (c) statement on openstreetmap.org slippy map?

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Jan 17 16:39:10 GMT 2013

Hi,

On 17.01.2013 02:29, Jeff Meyer wrote:
> Should we be marking our own map at openstreetmap.org
> <http://openstreetmap.org> with the same markings we ask others to use?

This has been discussed frequently in the past.

It is not necessary, from a legal point of view, that we create such
markings. (The license requires that you make it clear that the data
comes from OpenStreetMap but if your URL is "www.openstreetmap.org" then
that makes it clear enough.)

Personally, I do think that it might make sense to put such markings on
the map even though they are redundant, for the purpose of instruction -
some people might look at our web page and think "I'll simply do as they
do, they'll know what is right".

Bye
Frederik