[OSM-legal-talk] Worry-some bill in Iceland

Alex Barth alex at mapbox.com
Thu Jan 17 20:03:16 GMT 2013

Ugh. Like you're saying, this is clearly not a good "open" policy. Does Iceland or any involved politicians have ambitions to join the Open Government Partnership? This might be an angle.

Maybe worthwhile to put in an official notice by the OSMF that this law would hurt volunteer contributed geo data projects like OSM?

Also, Pakistan comes to mind: http://dawn.com/2012/11/21/pakistanis-lost-without-maps/