[OSM-legal-talk] License Working Group 2013

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri Jan 18 17:18:41 GMT 2013

Michael Collinson <mike at ayeltd.biz>
> We'll be discussing our future role and any input on that, preferably to
> this list, is most welcome.  We've started putting together a remit
> document here:
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1D3KwSM_BO7KkcbVADQVVn7eFwkD-RNauMwidhhlVPsI/pub

I'm not quite sure whether it's confered by another heading, but I
feel that ICA.coop and its members (and members members and so on)
should be a priority target in point 6.

There we've got a large family of organisations (over 5000 in the UK
alone) with a very large membership (12 million in the largest) that
believes in self-help, solidarity and openness, but far too many of
them are not sharing with OSM yet.  Instead, they're still using
locked-down maps and many don't realise that they could easily give
back to OSM by recording new tracks on GPS phones, bugfixing and so on.

This should be pushing on an open door.  How about it?

Regards,