[OSM-legal-talk] License question, user clicking on map

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 11:53:00 UTC 2013

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 10:19 AM, Jonathan Harley <jon at spiffymap.net> wrote:

> Personally, I think this does leave a loophole where you could reverse
> engineer OSM's data from imagery, but as I said at the time, I'm not worried
> about it because so much accuracy would be lost. In any case,

Technically, it is possible to export in a format where accuracy is
100% preserved, e.g. any vectorized format like PDF or SVG. If you
export all tags in a concatenated text string, your map is maybe not
readable for humans but you could in this way rebuild the full
database under a new license...

Pieren