[OSM-legal-talk] [GIS-Kosova] OSM road network for Kosova

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 15:34:40 UTC 2013

The whole license change has been drawn out over several years. We have
been trying very hard to reach out and contact as many decliners as
possible. At some point it had to go forward though. The problem was that
the longer they were waiting to go ahead with it, is that people were
contributing on a foundation of quicksand. Every change that has been added
after a deliner touched it, has been thrown away.

So, I'm glad we finally have that behind us, so now we can concentrate on
'recruiting' more contributors.

If I understand correctly, it should be possible to undo the work of the
license bot retroactively, but I guess that's only interesting for larger
regions. It's probably going to cost an administrator a good deal of time
to do it.

Jo