[OSM-legal-talk] License review request: Sardinia ad-hoc authorization

Jonathan Harley jon at spiffymap.net
Tue Nov 26 11:27:18 UTC 2013

On 23/11/13 10:45, Simone Cortesi wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 10:20 AM, Paul Norman <penorman at mac.com> wrote:
>
>> The mentions of the OpenStreetMap Foundation in the document are
>> confusing, as to my knowledge no one from the OSMF is involved in or a
>> party to this agreement, but I don't think that alone would prevent the
>> use of data.
> I asked them to licence the data to OSMF, which is the copyright
> holder of the eponymous project.

It doesn't make a difference to this, but actually, the OSMF is the
publisher of the database, not the copyright holder. Copyright of each
contributor's contributions remains with that contributor. This is why
the requested attribution is "© OpenStreetMap contributors" and not © OSMF.

You probably knew this, and this is just nit-picking, but this is the
legal-talk list so we ought to be accurate.

Jonathan.

--
Dr Jonathan Harley   :    Managing Director    :   SpiffyMap Ltd

md at spiffymap.com      Phone: 0845 313 8457     www.spiffymap.com
The Venture Centre, Sir William Lyons Road, Coventry CV4 7EZ, UK