[OSM-legal-talk] Wiki Mapia Mass Upload

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sun Sep 15 12:44:03 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 15.09.2013 13:25, Simon Poole wrote:
> a) some proof of this actually happening
> b) a pointer to who is doing it (if confirmed)

I don't understand enough of Wikimapia to actually determine which
account has uploaded what when, but a cursory glance at the link (OSM
can be activated as a base map in tha layer switcher) seems to indicate
that buildings look similar to OSM but not the same (my guess - both
imported from same source?) while many parks, commercial areas, and
graveyards seem to have 100% identical geometries to OSM.