[OSM-legal-talk] Using Google Street View to perform "virtual survey"

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Mon Apr 7 17:57:58 UTC 2014

Most has already been said on this topic. Just one comment on the,
superficially sane sounding, idea of getting a declaratory judgement:
forgetting the ethical side of it (do we really want to use data
collected by somebody that doesn't want us to do so?), we would need
such a judgement in -every- jurisdiction where we would want people to
freely use our data. That is so obviously balmy that i don't think it
needs further discussion.

Simon