[OSM-legal-talk] Using Google Street View to perform "virtual survey"

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Tue Apr 8 08:39:35 UTC 2014

@Pieren Well that is exactly the point: we should hold ourselves to a
higher standard than other organisations.

@Martin It is undoubtedly so that the information in question is -not-
simply available for use. You need to invest the time and effort to
actually go out and collect it. Google has done so and that we should
respect, regardless of legalities*.

Simon

* depending on jurisdiction this could go far further that copyright,
database and contract law, for example unfair competition legislation
and so on.