[OSM-legal-talk] Using Google Street View to perform "virtual survey"

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Tue Apr 8 14:23:34 UTC 2014

Am 08.04.2014 16:16, schrieb Paulo Carvalho:

>    I guess I missed something.  Can you, please, explain that?  I didn't
> get the "IP issues" part and consequently why Google unlikely would be
> the problem.  That leads to the question about who would pose problems.

There is simply a possibility that we might be violating somebodies
patents. When one of the big four players or even smaller ones go belly
up in the future I expect a flurry of patent related suits just as we
have seen in the mobile space.

There is nothing we can do about this except lobby against software
patents, so really there is no reason to loose sleep over it.

Simon